Student Support Services
The rigors of academics are designed to provide a challenging, yet rewarding, life experience. It is the goal of Student Support Services to assist the students within our program, in achieving their educational goals and to enhance their college experiences.
To qualify to become a member of SSS, download and complete this form.
Some of the services we offer to assist students include:
- Introduction to College Success Course will help the transition into college be a positive one
- Challenge course to build relationships with other students
- Peer instructors who will be available to answer any questions or concerns
- Peer tutors, and group study sessions
- Opportunities to attend cultural events, participate in service activities, attend leadership seminars, and experience other fun activities
- Professional counseling for academic, career, and personal concerns
- Laptop and textbook labs
- Preparation and visits to graduate schools
- Seminars and workshops in financial aid options and money management
- Use of office equipment: copy machine and colored printer
- Individualized accommodations for students with documents disabilities
These services are provided in Maytag Student Center (second floor) to Central students who qualify for the program.
Learn more about our Disability Services