CARES ACT Report & Disclosure
Central College acknowledges it signed and returned to the U.S. Department of Education the Certification and Agreement on May 12, 2020, and gives the assurance that Central used no less than 50% of the funds received under section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide emergency financial aid grants to students.
- The total amount of funds Central College received on May 15, 2020, from the U.S. Department of Education for distribution to students is $464,289.
- The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to Central students from 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of Aug. 1, 2020, is $276,081.44.
- The estimated total number of students at Central College eligible to participate in programs under section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants under 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 1,019. The total number who received a grant is 103.
- All students receiving emergency financial aid grants under section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act must meet these criteria:
- Undergraduate student enrolled in the spring semester of 2020.
- Eligible for funding under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965.
- A FAFSA on record with Central College’s Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Funding restricted to cover expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19.
To be considered for funding, students needed to apply. An online application form was posted on the college’s website and was advertised via emails and the DutchConnect app to campus multiple times. Students were asked to identify the reasons for their request and indicate how much funding was requested for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19.
To distribute funds as quickly as possible, the following methods were utilized:
- Emails about CARES Act funds were sent to all Title IV eligible students with a link to a CARES Act online application.
- Checks were mailed to all student recipients on May 5, 2020.
Reports and Disclosures
Updated: Oct. 30, 2020