Stocks and Mutual Funds

Gifts of stocks or mutual funds may be donated as outright gifts or as a pledge payment. When you make a gift of securities, your income tax deduction is equal to the fair market value of the securities, and you may avoid capital gains taxes on the transfer.

How to Make a Gift of Stock

If a bank or broker holds your stock, please notify Central College in advance by contacting Sunny Gonzales Eighmy ’99, vice president for advancement, at 641-628-5272 or Without this information, the college’s receiving company could decline the stock gift — or the stock may be transferred to us without any way of knowing you made the gift, making it difficult to give you the proper tax credit and recognition you

To complete an electronic transfer of stock, instruct your broker in writing to transfer the stock into Central’s account at our receiving company:

LPL Financial
Michael Roozeboom
700 Main Street, Suite 103
Pella, IA 50219
Phone: 641-628-9773

This type of electronic transfer is done via the Depository Trust Company system. Receiving account information:

Central College
Acct # 5254-9887
DTC 0075
Central College Tax ID 42-0680344

If you hold the physical stock certificates yourself, mail them and a completed stock power form in separate envelopes (by certified mail) on the same day to:

Central College
ATTN: Advancement
812 University St., Box 5200
Pella, IA 50219

The gift date of stock held in “street name” by a brokerage firm is the date when the shares were transferred on the books of the brokerage house. The gift value of the shares is the average of the high and the low on the gift date.

How to Make a Gift of Mutual Funds

The mutual fund transfer process can vary by company. Please contact Sunny Gonzales Eighmy ’99, vice president for advancement, at 641-628-5272 or to obtain the applicable transfer instructions. Allow four to six weeks for the transaction to be completed.

The Brain Researcher

Working as a student research assistant at Central led Rachel Spooner ’16 to an intense passion that could one day help the world solve the debilitating riddle that is Parkinson’s disease.

Read More

Update Us

Your contributions, milestones and achievements matter to us. Whether you’re an alum, parent, donor or friend of the college, keeping your details current ensures you receive communications tailored to your preferences. Thank you for keeping us in the loop so we can keep you informed!