Plan your visit to Central College! It’s the best way to get a sneak peek at what a future at 812 University St. could look like.
Visits are personalized for every student and every interest. A visit to campus is the perfect opportunity to:
- See all the places (like classrooms and residence halls).
- Meet all the people (like faculty and coaches).
- And experience all the things (like … way too many things to mention).
Prospective students and parents may schedule individual family meetings on campus or attend a campus visit day. In addition to campus visits, prospective students and families may engage with admission counselors, faculty and coaches by scheduling a virtual visit, using our virtual tour or watching a video tour of Central’s campus.
Saturday visits are not available during the summer, but will resume Aug. 28, 2021.
Safety Measures for a Visit to Campus
When you’re ready to see campus, we’re ready to show it off! We kindly encourage the use of the following measures — based on health directives from the State of Iowa and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention — when visiting campus:
- Please refrain from visiting campus if you are not feeling well. We’re happy to help you reschedule!
- We are limiting appointments to a maximum of four visitors — student and three guests per family.
- Masks are optional. You may request faculty and staff to wear a mask if you prefer. We’ll be happy to do so.
- Maintain a physical distance of six feet with other people.
- Wash hands frequently and use hand sanitizer stations positioned throughout campus.
It’s your day to explore, and we’ll help you investigate everything to find out if you belong at Central.
Visit us on Saturdays by scheduling an individual visit, 8:30 a.m. – noon. Saturday visits are not available during the summer, but will resume Aug. 28, 2021.
Visit Day Events
If you bring your completed application, we will waive the application fee. While you're here, don't forget to pick up your FREE T-shirt and Dutch letter — Pella's famous pastry!
Miles to Pella
Drive Time (hours)
Traveling from far away?
If you're not from Iowa, we'll help meet your travel expenses to visit Central. Ask about our reimbursement policy when you schedule a visit.
For prospective out-of-state students, Central College will help meet their travel expenses to visit campus.
The following guidelines apply:
- To be eligible for travel reimbursement, you must be admitted to Central College prior to your travel date.
- Travel reimbursement is valid for airfare or mileage for student expenses only.
- For travel by car, you will provide a home address which will be used to calculate round-trip mileage to/from campus. Based on Central College policy, the rate of .50 per mile will be used to determine eligible reimbursement amount. Students traveling from non-contiguous states can receive reimbursement for up to $250 of their travel expenses. Students traveling from contiguous states (Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Missouri) and including Kansas can receive reimbursement for up to $30 of their travel expenses. Gas receipts are not required.
For travel by air, upload your itemized receipt(s) for airline reservation. Must show individual’s name and ticket charges. A maximum amount of $250 may be reimbursed for student ticket charges.
- You may complete/submit Electronic Reimbursement Authorization Form prior to your scheduled campus visit date, but reimbursement will be paid following your campus visit.
- Complete/submit Electronic Reimbursement Authorization Form and upload any applicable receipt(s) within 60 days of your completed campus visit.