Living on Campus
Central College is a private residential liberal arts college of distinction founded in 1853 where students gain a global perspective. The college’s campus is located in Pella, Iowa midst the stunning landscapes of the mid-west.
While studying at Central you will benefit from all this College has to offer. The College’s academic programs are tailored to your needs and expectations and through personal guidance you will be put on a path to success. The College is known for personalized attention and its welcoming environment to international students.
At Central you’ll join clubs and participate in sports; enjoy concerts and theater productions. Your studies will begin in the classroom, but over time will include hands-on research and real-life work settings.
Your Home Away From Home
Living on campus is an important part of the educational experience at Central. On campus housing is a great opportunity to make lasting friendships and to share new learning experiences. All students are required to room and board with the college for all four years. As a resident student you’ll choose from traditional residence halls or on-campus apartment options, all of which feature:
- Basic furniture
- High speed wireless internet access
- Free laundry facilities
- A hall kitchen
- Cable television
Central’s dining services offers a variety including:
- European and Asian inspired buffet style dining
- Coffee, sandwiches and pastries at the Geisler Café
- Quick grab & go meals at Fred’s
- Different meal plans offered
Learning Outside of the Classroom
You will learn and develop leadership skills and gain much personal satisfaction from a variety of Centrals programs and services, including:
With more than 100 student organizations to join, there is something for everyone on Central’s campus.
- 40 service learning courses
- 6 national sororities and fraternities
- 20 recreational sports
- Student publications like The Ray (newspaper) and the Knickerbocker (short story collection)
- 8-10 music and theatre performances annually
- 18 musical ensembles
- Numerous lectures and films
- Art galleries