Costs & Scholarships
Scholarships range from $1,000 to $8,000 and are awarded at the time of application, so no other application is required. All scholarships are renewable each year (up to 4 years total) subject to satisfactory academic progress.
Central College is pleased to be able to offer the following academic merit-based scholarships to all qualifying international applicants:
Please note: students can only receive one academic merit scholarship. Students that qualify for multiple scholarships will receive the highest yielding scholarship.
|Every admitted student receives a $1,000 Journey Scholarship, made possible by generous donors.||$1,000|
|Awarded to students who have achieved at least a 3.75 cumulative GPA.||$6,000|
|Awarded to students who have achieved at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA.||$3,000|
|Awarded to students who have achieved at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.||$1,000|
Iowa Sister States Scholarship
Iowa Sister States is a non-profit organization that was founded in 1985 to manage Iowa’s official relationships with foreign states, as established by the Governor of Iowa. Central College is pleased to offer all eligible resident students from Iowa’s nine sister states (as listed below) a US $1,000 per academic year scholarship award. The scholarship is renewable each year (up to 4 years total). To be eligible for the scholarship students must meet all scholarship requirements as outlined below. The Iowa Sister States Scholarship can be combined with any awarded academic scholarship.
Iowa Sister States
- Yamanashi Prefecture, Japan (established in 1960)
- Yucatán, Mexico (established in 1965)
- Hebei Province, China (established in 1983)
- Terengganu, Malaysia (established in 1987)
- Taiwan (established in 1989)
- Cherkasy Oblast, Ukraine (established in 1996)
- Veneto Region, Italy (established in 1997)
- Kosovo (established in 2013)
Iowa Sister States Scholarship Requirements
To be eligible for the Iowa Sister States scholarship a student must meet the following scholarship requirements:
- Meet all international student admission requirements.
- Provide proof of current resident status (including citizenship) from Iowa Sister State.
- Enroll as a full-time degree-seeking student at Central College.
|Central College 2022-23 Estimated Attendance Expenses|
|Textbooks / Supplies*||$1,335|
*actual costs may vary