Are you wondering just how you’ll fit in at Central? Maybe you’re worried about being in the minority for racial, religious, social or other reasons. We welcome and celebrate you at Central! We take our welcome statement seriously.
We are also dedicated to teaching the student body how to better interact with people who come from differing backgrounds. We accomplish this through a variety of cultural, dramatic, musical and political activities, as well as training sessions, held throughout the year.
Dedication to building a culture of inclusion is woven into the fabric of our work and lives as we seek to prepare students to understand, respect and connect with others at Central College, locally in Pella, throughout the U.S. and, eventually, globally.
- Celebration of Martin Luther King Jr.
- Hosted Eddie Moore Jr., Director of the Privilege Institute
- CEO commitment to racial equity
- United Way 21 Day Challenge
- Hosted NBA Player Kyle Korver to discuss his essay “Privileged”
- Black Excellence — “Say Their Names”