Healthy Living



Central College continues to actively monitor the COVID-19 pandemic. See current COVID-19 information.


What To Do When You Are Ill

Students who need special, emergency or long-term care are generally admitted to the Pella Regional Health Center. PRHC personnel also provide care and referrals to appropriate specialists as necessary. Questions about services provided or to schedule an appointment, please call the Pella Regional Health Center clinic at 641-621-2200.

Each student must bring a health insurance card with them to present at Pella Regional Health Center if treatment is needed. The college provides transportation to medical appointments through student development.


To ensure the health and safety of each Central student, our entire campus and local community, we strongly recommend receiving the following vaccinations and immunizations in line with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for each student entering Central College:

  • COVID-19
  • Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Influenza (Annually)
  • Measles, Mumps, Rubeola
  • Meningitis
  • Tuberculosis Testing
  • Varicella (Chickenpox)

Central does not require proof of immunization or vaccination, but all vaccinations listed here are highly recommended prior to move-in. Find a vaccine clinic near you.


Dietary Restrictions/Considerations

Central College takes extra care and consideration when it comes to the dietary needs of our students. The college dining services team works closely with individuals who have dining and dietary restrictions.