- A.N. Kuyper Athletics Complex
- Ron Schipper Fitness Center
- Maytag Wellness Center is located on the lower level of Maytag Student Center. This space offers another area for working out as well as an office for educational information. The wellness fitness area is reserved for students and employees only.
- Disc Golf Course is made up of 18 holes weaved throughout the cross-country course and driving range on campus.
- The City of Pella also offers several off-campus recreation opportunities.
Here at Central, students are free to explore and grow in their faith through coursework, mission trips and various opportunities.
Pella is home to dozens of churches of various denominations and beliefs. Find your faithful fit on campus and in Pella.
- Campus Ministries
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- The Central College Labyrinth, located on the westernmost point of Central’s campus, is a spiritual tool, used to meditate and reflect.
Pella is ranked one of the safest cities in Iowa by the National Council for Home Safety and Security.
Campus safety is primarily focused on the well-being of Central students. Central has contracted with one of the nation’s leading security services firms. An officer is on campus from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday and 24 hours a day on weekends. Call 641-628-9000 to request assistance at all times. Call 911 in case of emergency.
The campus has trained first responders, staff on call and a one-call number to the Information Center for assistance. When on campus, the one-call assistance number is 4000; the off-campus number is 641-628-9000. For all medical, fire and other emergencies, a call should be made to 911.
Central also has a strong relationship with the Pella Police Department located just two blocks from campus. The Pella police are committed to public safety and serving the citizens of Pella, including Central students. City officers regularly patrol campus and the surrounding area in the evenings and on the weekends. Additionally, the Pella Volunteer Fire Department and Pella Community Ambulance team are located two blocks from campus with the Pella Regional Health Center less than a mile away.
If you see or have knowledge of any crime or suspicious activity that occurred on campus and you would like to report it, please fill out our Central Sees form.
Emergency Response and Communication
Central College has an emergency communication and response plan that includes a series of emergency teams with ongoing training and an emergency communication system. Emergency communication with community members occurs through text messaging, email and phone calling systems. All students are automatically entered into Central’s Emergency Communication system.
All residence hall doors and several areas in buildings around campus have directional signage providing information about tornado, fire and other emergency evacuation locations. In case of an emergency, proceed calmly and quickly to the appropriate location.
Read more on our emergency procedures for: