Updates specific to Central students will be posted below as they are available. In addition to these updates, please review the following information prior to returning to campus:
“We are ALL Central” and it will take all of us continuing to care for each other to keep all of us safe. As we continue to negotiate the COVID-19 pandemic, the college has re-affirmed a number of protocols and procedures to limit the possibility of exposure to our community.
- You may have one to two outside guests with you in the building during move-in. The precaution of limiting the number of people coming with you and specifying the move-in time is to help with congestion in our halls during move-in to keep you safe.
- Everyone must wear face coverings while in the residence building except within your individual room.
- You will have an hour to move in your belongings. At the end of that time, you and your move-in crew must leave the building to allow others to move in. Please, pack light and be thoughtful about what you need to bring to start the year.
- Do not visit other rooms or residential buildings in order to limit potential exposure.
- Pack a thermometer, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes and extra face coverings.
Please review “How Do You Recommend Students Prepare to Come to Campus?” for additional details.
Early Move-in for Athletes
Your coach will provide information regarding when you will be moving to campus. Residence Life will send team-wide emails with specifics on move-in, check-in times, housing and COVID-related procedures.
Returning students will move back to campus beginning Friday, January 15, through Sunday, January 17. This change has been made to make it easier to social distance while moving into your room. Each student will indicate preferences for move-in dates and times. More information will be sent to students from Residence Life.
If you plan on having a car on campus for spring semester 2021and have not registered your vehicle please do so! Register at web.central.edu/studentlife.
For archived student updates, see COVID-19 archive.