Welcome to Central
Central College is four-year, private, residential liberal arts college founded in 1853. Central is designed to provide high-quality education to help open doors for a lifetime for students. The college’s campus is located in Pella, Iowa.
At Central you are encouraged to use an open mind and explore as far as your mind can reach. We offer dozens of undergraduate programs, including many pre-professional programs. At Central you become part of a community where others truly want you to succeed. There are over 100 clubs and activities to get involved in, including study abroad. Your Central experience will open doors and prepare you for a lifetime of opportunities after graduation.
Explore the Area
Central College is located in Pella, Iowa, a picturesque town with a diverse array of restaurants and shopping near campus. Des Moines—the state capital—is only a short drive away and provides all the benefits of a large metropolitan area, such as major sporting events, concerts, theater performances and festivals. Pella, population; 10,000 is home to several major international companies including Pella Corporation (Pella Windows) and Vermeer Corporation.
Located in the “American heartland,” Iowa is a land of beautiful rolling hills and like most of the Midwest, has four distinct seasons: spring, summer, autumn and winter.
Check out what Pella and Des Moines have to offer.
Our Numbers Say it All
- Nearly 100 percent of Central students are either employed in a field of their choice, enrolled in graduate/professional school or completing a year of service within a year of graduation.
- 92 percent of Central College students who graduate do so in four years or fewer.
- 76 percent of Central students complete at least one internship or pre-professional experience. Sites include Iowa, Chicago, Washington D.C., and all of Central’s study abroad locations.
- 93 percent were accepted into their first or second choice graduate school.
- At least 55 percent of Central students study overseas.
Our legacy continues to grow and gain the attention of students and scholars worldwide.
- In 2015, Brookings Institution showed Central graduates have the highest mid-career median salary of any liberal arts college in Iowa.
- U.S. News and World report ranked Central College as one of the top 150 schools in National Liberal Arts Colleges in 2019.
- Forbes magazine and the Center for College Affordability and Productivity named Central College as one of the top 25 Best Value Midwestern Colleges.
- 97 percent of Central students are either employed in a field of their choice, enrolled in graduate/professional school or completing a year of service within a year of graduation.